History of Stereoscope Applet & Stereoscope Applet Standalone Edition
Last update: Wednesday July 24 2002
I have changed the licensing. Stereoscope Applet still is Freeware and will
remain it in the future! But now there are two restrictions for the use:
If you have questions about this, please contact me!
- It is strictly forbidden to use Stereoscope Applet on sites with adult content!
- It is strictly forbidden to use Stereoscope Applet on non public sites!
If you know about a site which is breaking these rules, please contact me, too!
Version 2.1: (Jul 24 2002)
- New: Display of instructions page when Page-Flipping is selected and not
- New: Display of remaining loading time and amount of loaded image data
- New language: Polish
Version 2.0: (Jan 29 2002)
- New: Support for Shutter glasses with Page-Flipping mode (e.g. ELSA Revelator)
- New: Fullscreen viewing
- New: Support for mirrored viewing
- New: Image browsing with PageUp/PageDn keys
- New: Popup-menu by right-click on image
- New: Option to preload images in background
- New: Option to swap left and right image
- New: Click on preview image keeps old stereo window (new window with CTRL+click)
- Fix: Restructured menus (removed useless anaglyphs...)
- New language: Afrikaans
- New language: Japanese
Version 1.3: (Oct 13 2000)
- Now Stereoscope Applet remembers the user's settings! To enable this
you have to add
MAYSCRIPT in the applet TAG:
<APPLET ... archive=stereoscope.jar ...
Stereoscope Applet is reduced in size: Now only 24kb! Additional languages
loaded on request only. (Bug in Netscape 4.X displays English only, sorry!)
Stereoscope Applet Version 1.2j now available! (July 30 2000)
JPS-Image loading should be much faster now! (2-3 times!)
Stereoscope Applet Version 1.2i now available! (July 14 2000)
Support for the D4D display
Stereoscope Applet Version 1.2h now available! (July 1 2000)
parallelJPS=on makes that parallel arranged JPS images are displayed
correctly. I have implemented this feature especially for the
Gallery at Stereovision.net.
Stereoscope Applet Version 1.2g now available! (14/03/00)
- New sizing algorithm to avoid distortions!
- New language: Dutch (14/03/2000)
- New language: Czech
New in Version 1.2f:
autoOpen=on makes that the stereoscopic view is opened
automatically. I have implemented this feature especially for the
searchable database of Jean-Marc Verbavatz.
The not working IE 4.01 without the Java Fix is recognized since version
1.2d. The user is redirected to the
browser configuration page!
The first version of Stereoscope Applet was developed 1998
If you have questions, please mail to: